Whilst in Woolacombe you might fancy a walk to catch some fresh air and get away from the crowds. We've found this wonderful suggestion from the National Trust and thought it was worth sharing.
The scenery along this walk is stunning and shows just how much natural beauty there is in the sand dune system behind Woolacombe beach. On days when the surf is up, you'll also see that it's possible to get yourself an uncrowded wave further along the beach.
Below is the lowdown and you can go to the National Trust website here.
- Trail: Walking
- Grade: Moderate
- Distance: 1 mile (1.6km)
- Time: 30 minutes to 40 minutes
- OS Map: Landranger 139
- Terrain: A sand dune walk, steep in places and a short stretch of beach. Dogs welcome, but keep a close eye on them near livestock.
- How to get there from Kittiwake One
- Go down to the town and, with the Red Barn on your left and the beach on your right, walk along the path to the second entrance to Woolacombe beach.
- Pass this entrance and follow the road as it slopes upwards a little.
- The entrance to Marine Drive car park and the starting point will be on your right hand side.
- The map below suggests a walking route from the apartment to the start point.